Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Was Jason Collins announcement of being gay worth President Obama & Michelle's...

...personal recognition? I have nothing against the life style an individual chooses to have, or if they want to tell the whole world about it. There are plenty of people "of non-professional athletic status" in this world that make this type of decision everyday, but they do not receive any celebrity recognition of any kind, and would not receive any special story on the local news for this. So I guess being a professional athlete with such an announcement has more priority in the eyes of President Obama & Michelle then to give anyone else such a personal message. This should not be given the attention it has been getting. To be fair the President & first lady should make a point to congratulate all those within our society with the same announcement the same equal treatment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes it was. It was a landmark, the first active athlete of one of the four major leagues to come out as gay. This is a step in the right direction, seeing the ongoing debates about same-sex marriage etc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was about to say no but seeing the above answer I'm going to say yeah it kinda was