Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Planning our first cruise?

Which cruise line is the best for first time ship cruisers?
    My husband and I are planning a Hawaii cruise soon and later Alaskan cruise.
    We are wondering what cruise lines are best for each location.
    We are interested in Holland America, Princess and Norwegian Cruise lines.
    I'm not sure about Carnival, Celebrity, Royal Caribbean... etc. They seem pricey.

We are looking for affordable (cheap), comfortable, romantic and relaxed atmosphere for both travels.
    Young adults. We dont like noisy places with a lot of children and people, but we like the idea of being lost lol, fun. So big or small is fine just as long as we have something to do constantly.

So which cruise line/ ship do you prefer and why?

Thank you. We will be taking one cruise this year and one next year.

And what age do you have to be to book a room for the one you prefer?
    My husband is 21 and I am 18.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry but one person has to be 25+

Downloads
    Uploads
    Holland America caters to an older crowd, so there would be less kids and less noise from young party people. I would not say it is romantic, though. {But you could pay extra to dine by candlelight at a table for 2 in one of the specialty restaurants on board.} [HA did not have anything in the way of music or movies that might be considered romantic. No candles in the room.]

Cheap would be an inside cabin - but that is okay because you will spend all of your awake time up on deck, or on shore at each port. {You will not really have something to do all the time on HA. There is a lot of just relaxing.] {Cheap also means not eating in the specialty restaurants - except maybe once.}

But Alaska is great, so definitely go!! {You will have a wide choice of cruises depending on ports of call, which glaciers you will see, and which route the ship takes - - whichever line you choose.}

I am prejudiced against cruises to Hawaii because I do not want to be at sea for 8 or 10 days ( depending on departure port). For the money - and what you want, FLY to Hawaii, and enjoy it. {There is a local tour around the islands that many people enjoy.} [Maui is the most laid back,. relaxing, and romantic island.]