Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Your thoughts on Tom Cruise's "Oblivion" movie?

Watched it today; kind of reminds of "A Space Odyssey." Also reminds me of his other sci-fi parallel universe movies. It was an "OK" movie. The girl that played Tom Cruise's wife (Olga Kurylenko) is hot! ( ^ _ ^ )

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks fucking retarded I HATE action movies

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry, stopped reading after "Tom Cruise"...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I kind of liked it. I think it was more poetic / lyrical / metaphorical than a typical SF movie.
    In that sense it was similar to 2001, but much less scientifically responsible.
    In the beginning I was sort of confused and critical of the situation they established for the story, since it seemed so scientically ridiculous . But that was rectified by the end, and it finally made sense.
    So they succeed in maintaining the mystery and gradually pulled the loose ends together.
    Because they took such liberal scientific license I regard it more as a fairy tale than an ordinary commentary on real life.
    They did raise some compelling questions about identity and loyalty to the species.

I actually liked his mission partner better than his real wife, although she was fine too.