Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Should we continue our long distance relationship?

My boyfriend and I are both 15, so yes, we are young. We have been dating for a year now, and he moved away to another country because of his dad's job. He's been there since January.

We started out alright, both trying to get used to the whole long distance idea, and it was fine. Until one day, I just didn't hear from him. Now it's been two months. What hurts is that I have tried to Skype, email, Facebook, Kik him - everything - yet he seems to be ignoring all of my messages. I'm quite confident that he's not just avoiding me/our relationship because we've always been confrontational about our problems. I understand that people (and relationships) change, but it's as if he doesn't even respect me enough to tell me that he would be quiet for a month...and respect means a lot to him. It's not as if his electronics have been taken away because he's grounded or anything, since he uses laptops everyday as part of his school's curriculum, and he also has had updates on Facebook. He has not tried to contact me yet has told my friend here that "he (my boyfriend) thinks we're going well and misses me". Last month, he changed his Facebook profile picture to a picture of just the two of us. It gave me hope that we'd be alright, but...still no sound nor peep from him.

I'm tired of waiting around for his reply since it's been affecting my studies (I have exams coming up soon) and I'm just...tired of being controlled like this. Should I break up with him and how? I would never just end it over Facebook by changing my relationship status because that's coldhearted. I can't end it if he doesn't talk to me. My guy friends tell me that I can't do much but wait...but for how long?

I would extremely appreciate your thoughts and opinions...and for those also in long distance relationships...stay strong, if you were meant to be, distance is only one minor obstacle!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Unless you or him are allowed to get on a plane to see him then it worth a try but being 15 I can't imagine that working

Downloads
    Uploads
    honestly, if it's too much trouble and you have to question it..i think you already subconsciously know the answer hun. good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Could you make a phone call? That would be the most direct way. Or even write a letter? I'm no expert in relationships, really just go with your heart and try not to over think it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Long distance relationships hardly ever work out for adults who have been dating for years and really love each other. You are only 15, you're just a baby! Stop worrying about serious relationships and just enjoy being a kid.

Downloads
    Uploads
    In a similar predicament. I'm 31 so is my bf long distance almost a year he respects me he loves me but hes starting to distance himself from me, and I dont know why, and my daughter (from my marriage/divorce) loves him more then she ever loved any guy. So im in the same boat of break up or dont break up and if i do how do I explain it to my child. My answer is if you feel it is going absolutely no where and you dont see him treating you like a girlfriend then break it off. Do what the heart is telling you. As for facebook status, let people talk let em think as they wish, you are doing what is right for you NOT for people on facebook. It is merely a status anyway.