Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can anyone give me information on the goddess Ate and the god Ares?

I have a project and need to know:
    1. Who they were
    2. What their roles were in the Trojan War
    3. Which side they were on (Greek or Trojan)

4. Any other interesting information on them

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you mean the goddess Artemis. There is plenty of info on both of them on the net. Do your own research for your school work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ate was a Greek spirit or goddess of mischief, rash actions, and reckless impulse. She was a daughter of Eris goddess of discord. Ares was the Greek god of war. He is a son of Zeus and Hera along with Eris and some other gods and goddesses. Ares was on the Trojan side after Aphrodite convinced him. He had originally been with the Greeks and promised it to Hera and Athena. He led the Trojans but was wounded by Diomedes and Athena then got driven away from the battlefield. Since Ate was the goddess of mischief and rash actions, im assuming she helped create some chaos but it was mainly like Aphrodite when she bribed Paris to choose her as the best instead of Hera and Athena who grew angry when they weren't chosen and vowed to destroy him and the Trojans. So Aphrodite was like on the Trojans side and since she and Ares have affairs she persuaded him to be on the Trojans side instead of the Greeks. I cant really find anything on Ate most likely because she's a minor goddess.... although it might be Artemis. I found that she needed a virgin sacrifice in order for the boat to get to the Trojan lands which the Greeks were on i think. Im pretty sure she was on the Greeks's side because of that.