Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

what sensors plug into an 86 suzuki samurai transmission?

i have a 1986 suzuki samurai 1.3L with a 5 speed tranmission and 4 wheeldrive.the transmission has two threaded plugs that screw into thetop of the transmission with electrical wires thatcome out of them. the wires on these are ripped out what are these two sensors. the samurai will run without them as well! thanks for the help

Downloads
    Uploads
    One is your reverse light switch and the other closest to the rear of the transmission is the 5th gear switch.

Well yes it will still run, but reverse lights won't work and since the Samurai has an electronic carb and a PCM to control it (unless you have removed it and have an aftermarket carb) you will loose some fuel efficiency because the PCM will not know when you are in 5th gear to make small adjustments to the carb for efficiency, is about all.

I own a mostly restored 87 Samurai Hard top, I know what the wires are for and the parts are called I have had to replace them on mine when I put in the new transmission.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Brenda. without the proper schematics i can only guess. but here's my best...

one connection is for the reverse lamps. should be 2 wires, and are engaged when the shift mechanism trips the reverse gear.

the other one is for the output speed sensor. also should be a 2 wire connector. it's going to send an a/c voltage to the computer based off a reluctor wheel, that transmits vehicle speed.