Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is the best recipe for Lasagna?

My GF has bipolar and shes depressed just now so i want to cheer her up by making her a lasagna . However im no good at cooking LOL but i will try my best with a little help here .....im going to the shops in 1 hour , what should i buy and how do i make it ?

Thank You !

Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly, one of the best I've found is actually on the box of Ronzoni Lasagne noodles. Both my sister and I cook it and it's just perfect, everybody loves it. the one I'm talking about is an easy no-boil recipe - you don't have to pre-cook the noodles.

I found the recipe online in case you don't have Ronzoni in your store - any brand will work with this recipe
    DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 375°. In a saucepan, brown ground beef, drain excess fat, add 1 quart spaghetti sauce and 1 cup water; bring to a boil. In a large bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, beaten egg, Mozzarella cheese, 1/3 cup water, ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, parsley flakes and nutmeg. Add salt and pepper if desired. TO ASSEMBLE: Use RONZONI Lasagna strips uncooked, but rinse in hot water. Layer in a 9 X 13 baking pan. Approximately 4 RONZONI Lasagna strips will fit in a pan for a single layer - 3 lengthwise and 1 crosswise. LAYER AS FOLLOWS: 1 2/3 cup sauce, RONZONI Lasagna strips, ½ cheese mixture, 1 2/3 cup sauce, RONZONI Lasagna strips, rest of cheese mixture, 1 2/3 cup hot sauce, RONZONI Lasagna strips, remaining sauce, top with ½ cup Parmesan cheese. Bake at 375° covered with aluminum foil, for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 15 more minutes. IMPORTANT: let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting. Serves 6-8.

Ingredients:
    · 16oz. pkg. RONZONI Lasagna
    · 1 qt. Spaghetti sauce
    · 1 lb. ground beef
    · 1 cup water
    · 1 15 oz. container ricotta cheese
    · 1 egg, beaten
    · 8 oz. shredded Mozzarella cheese
    · 1/3 cup water
    · 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
    · 1 tbsp. parsley flakes
    · Dash of nutmeg (this is optional- we didn't use it)
    · Salt, pepper to taste - (not too heavy, there's salt in the cheese)
    · 1/2 cup parmesan cheese

And I'm giving you one other idea - that's a lot of work, and in case this looks too daunting, look in the frozen food section for Michelangelo's or Stouffer's Lasagna, they are both pretty decent - here's a photo of what the boxes look like.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=michelangelo's+lasagna+frozen&tbm=isch&tb o=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=sdZ4Ub_bJMf_igLMh4CYAg&ved =0CEQQsAQ&biw=1287&bih=646#imgrc=pcQ-litFecXI0M%3A%3Baaq86Yfp4d-ydM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.thismomcancook.com%25 2Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2012%252F10%252Flasagna-taste-test.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.thismomcancook.c om%252Fproduct-reviews%252Fthe-frozen-lasagna-taste-test%252F%3B600%3B324