Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

is getting a sport bike emature?

I had always wanted a motorcycle and had looked around and sat on a bunch of bikes like cruisers and dual sports and couldn't find the one right for me but never any sport bikes.i had always thought that sport bikes where just for going really fast and being immature. and whenever i saw one i would turn my nose up at it .but recently my dad had got a ninja 250r and convinced me to sit on it and it wasn't as bad as i thought .so still after that i was still looking into cruisers and dual sports still thinking that sport bike where a little immature and stupid not as much but still didn't take them into great consideration until recently.and i have been looking more into them and have been thinking about the honda cbr 250r or the kawasaki ninja 300 . but i still have that feeling in my stomach that getting one is still immature and stupid. if any one can give me any advice or suggestions i would highly appreciate it thank you? PS. i am a beginner and it will be my first bike.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just got a ninja 500 and I have to say I love it. It's not all about going fast and doing stupid shit on a bike. They are easier to ride also. They are lighter and more nimble around the turns and if caught in a bad situation a little quicker to be able to react to the environment. But after riding for a few hours it does begin to hurt your ass, and not as comfortable as a cruiser.
    Anyone can be immature on a motorcycle they don't have to own a sports bike to do that. Sports bikes are just usually a little quicker and easier to ride so it attracts more people who want to do stupid shit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The CBR 250 and Ninja 250/300 are both great bikes to start on.

Technically speaking they are sports-tourers rather than true sports bikes, but more to the point there is nothing wrong with starting on a low-powered sports bike. A four-cylinder 1000cc supersports bike is out of the question, but singles and twins around the 250cc size are fine.

What defines a sports bike is that it has "aggressive geometry", meaning that the handlebars have a strange sloppy action to them and they are quite short, the seating position puts you forward and crouched in racing posture and the engine is keyed for acceleration, not practicality.

The CBR 250 and Ninja 250/300 are designed for all-round day to day use but with a bit of sportiness.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not using spell check might be considered immature.
    We all ride because we want to, and not everyone wants the same kind of ride, that's what makes it so appealing.
    You can pick the exact ride you want and customize it so that it is your bike, nobody else's.
    Ask what kind of riding you plan on doing, long distance, short hops, in-town, open road?
    Get what you like, dont listen much to anyone else because you are the one making the payments and doing the riding.
    If you find you dont like it, trade it in.

If you are new, do yourself a favor and strongly consider a rider's course. Lots of good information in those and may very well save your life.
    Good Luck and have fun!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    No. But having opinions based on a surface observation is kind of ignorant. A 250 ninja kind of looks like a sport bike, and it corners nicely, but at 25HP it is a long way off from an entry level 100HP sport bike. Really it's a standard with some pretty plastic on it. A good bike for what it is but a long way from a sport bike.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You ride a motorcycle to have fun, not to be judged. A sports bike is perfect, because it provides the power and the comfort most people need, but if you're going to be riding in harsh conditions, a dual sport would be great.

Downloads
    Uploads
    pose value or comfort? Sport bike seating position is a pain in the **** & legs & wrists & neck after a while.
    Buy the bike to suit what you want to do with it. A commuter if commuting, a cruiser if cruising, a tourer if touring & a sport bike if you want to go for a thrash through the hills & get caught speeding regularly.