Quitting Karate Please Help!!?

Brisk

Apr 20, 2013
Hi, so lately I have been dreading to go to karate.
My mom is forcing me to go to classes for self defense.
I'm a purple belt now and I really want to do something music-involved like piano classes or something.
I took a month hiatus and now my Shihan keeps calling me and texting me. I really don't want to go back. My mom forces me though. How do I quit? I always tell her I want to but she says "your older brother didn't get the chance to do this so I want you to do it" but I don't want to! Please help!!

Honestly, I think you should be very thankful that your mom is trying to give you a skill that can be very beneficial to your life. If you happen to be an unfortunate victim of a senseless, violent crime, your lessons in Karate will be what matters, not whether or not you can play music.

Quiting is easy, working through it isn't.. If you want to quit just say you don't love it anymore, you have no passion for it, and your not going.. Simple as that.. Put your foot down.. I understand that its difficult to have the dedication when your young.. Maybe take a year off and see if you'd like to get back into it.. Maybe try a different academy or martial art.. Whatever you choose, good luck

Back