Should I buy an Infiniti G35 with 160,000 miles on it?

Furqan

Jun 12, 2008
I am looking to buy an infiniti g35 and have found one for a decent price with 160,000 miles on it.. Wondering if it is a good idea? And how many miles do these cars usually last?

No way! After 150,000 miles the car is pretty much done, you might make it to 200,000 if you're lucky but I doubt it

It's risky. If you were the owner of the car since day one, and you take care of it, then the car will go well beyond 200,000 miles (my 2003 Mercedes Benz E320 has 230,000 miles on it, and still running strong; the G35 is supposed to be more reliable than the Benz). Because you're buying it used, however, you run the risk of the previous owner not taking good care of the car. And because the G35 has a sporting nature to it, it's not uncommon for owners to drive them quite hard, thus shortening the lifespan of the parts in the car. It's definitely a risk. All I can say is, do some more research (Google will lead you to forums that have a plethora of information), and if you're convinced that this car will be fine, then buy it.

Back