Which Car or SUV should I get?

James

May 13, 2008
I'm in a position to get a new car with a fresh loan and everything. Starting from scratch. These are things I'd like, not all of them are required.
all or 4 wheel drive
four doors
a bit more on the luxury side (leather seats and such)
will look good forever
decent gas mileage
at least a little sporty

I guess I'm looking for the car i'll have until it dies. Right now I'm single, but expect to be married within the next 5 to 7 years. So I'm looking for a car that looks good, is economical, solid quality build, and will be able to transition to the family part of my life without much hassle. To give examples of cars i've looked at so you know general what i'm thinking (but I'm very open minded on this) I've looked at the jeep grand cherokee, bmw X series (x5 or x6) bmw 3 series sedans. So yes a bit on the more luxury side of things. I like the bmw's because it seems you get a lot for a good price. my max is ballpark 32k. Since I'm planning on having this car for a while i'm not opposed to a longer loan. Anyways, ask away if you'd want more info. Thanks!

If you want a car:
Chrysler 300
Ford Taurus
Buick Verano
Buick Regal
Chevy Malibu
Mercedes C250 Sedans ( these get a little pricey)

I you want an SUV:
Chevy Tahoe
Chevrolet Suburban
Dodge Durango
Ford Explorer
GMC Yukon
Mercury Mountaineer
Cadillac SRX ( this one is a little pricey)

BMW puts performance over luxury - if luxury is more your speed you should check out the Audi A4 Quattro. Personally I don't like crossovers and SUVs and so will always be biased toward cars.

Back