Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can I get DirecTV without coxial cable jack in the room?

I have DirecTV in four rooms of our house already. Our front living room is very far away from our satellite dishes (and doesn't have walls to thread cable through attic. Our only option is to run 100+ feet of coxial around our house and drill a hole through the front of our home. Obviously, not ideal.

Since we already have DirecTV, wifi router, is there anything that can "transmit" DirecTV programming to a box in that room without having it hard connected to a coaxial? I may be out of luck, but it seems there should be some technology to support it at this point - I can't be the only one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You cannot wirelessly transmit the dish signal, at least not practically.

You can get wireless HDMI extenders. You get the receiver installed where you can acceptably get dish coax ran to and a receiver installed, but close enough to the TV for the wireless HDMI to reliably work.

Get a receiver with a UHF remote and HDMI out, and with the wireless HDMI, you should be set.