Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

i ran a red light and totaled a lexus?

I have insurance but they dont want to cover it and theyre trying to take me to court if they have to pay! this car is a lexus ISF, what am i going to do.i wasnt paying attention and just smacked into him and the guy called me and told me the car is totaled becuase the frame is bent and the the body is creased. this is like a 68k car. i cant afford that! he is also suing for a rim which was damaged, and the estimate was over a thousand dollars for 1 rim! is that right? i told this kid it didnt sound right and he said they were eshantis or something like that. is this guy trying to rip me off? he cant be older then maybe 20-14. this car was really modded and thats why the insurance dosent want to cover it bc hes asking the price of the car and all the mods and 1 of the rims. what can i do? im so shaken up, this is the 1st accident ive ever been in im so confused and nervous and my husband is mad bc i messed his car up....help me!
    20-24*

and no my daughter started screaming and i turned to tell her to stop!

he also showed me recepts and the insurance has the documentation from the shop he got all the work done at for the price of all the mods done to it totalling 54k. His insurance had sent someone to his house too look at the car and it was indeed totaled. maybe i should of said that, my insurance will cover the car, but not anything else.... his insurance has given all the info to mine. the total cost is like 120,000 :/
    Thanks everyone who answered. I auctually talked to him a bit earlier and i misunderstood what he said, his insurance is paying for everything BUT his rim. hes just asking me to pay to have it fixed... does that sound right? also, how much should i pay for it to be unbent?, i wrote down what type they are and the rim is a ' staggered 20 inch asanti model DA189 if that helps any....

Downloads
    Uploads
    If he had 55 thousand dollars worth of mods on his car, then he should have had special insurance through his company to cover his losses. He's an idiot, and if he has 54 grand to blow on his car, well I'm sure he can cover the loss since he was too cheap to pay for additional coverage.

Downloads
    Uploads
    you can file bankruptcy

Downloads
    Uploads
    If his Lexus is truly "totaled", he will receive a settlement for the value of the vehicle at the time of the accident. It doesn't matter what he spent modifying it. Vehicles depreciate from the time you sign your name on the documents at the dealership. He's "blowing smoke up your a$$" by telling you he's suing you for a damaged rim. That will be included in the damage to the vehicle.

What amount of coverage do you have on your insurance for property damage? Is it sufficient to replace his vehicle? That's the only reason I can account for your company saying they're not going to cover it and are wanting to take you to court.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your insurance covers it. That's what insurance is for.

If a car is totalled his insurance company will tell your insurance company. Don't believe anything he says other than what you hear direct from his insurance company.

Your insurance doesn't get to pick and choose what type of car you are allowed to crash into.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You left out a critical piece of information. You were texting weren't you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Asanti rims can cost more than $1000 a piece. If he said only $1000 your lucky.