Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hydraulic Clutch on a 1994 Chevrolet Geo Tracker?

Info: I have a 1994 Chevy Geo Tracker (same build as the Suzuki Sidekick). The car is in excellent condition and was very well cared for. It was re-fit with a hydraulic clutch after the original was broken by the second owner who was just previous to me. When they converted to the hydraulic clutch, they made a modification and there is a button on the dashboard that you press when you turn the ignition, instead of or in conjuction with pressing the clutch.

Problem: the clutch pedal 'snapped' the other day, and is all the way to the floor now. I checked the fluid and it was not empty. I checked the line from the fluid reservoir and did not see a leak right away but will take a better look. I have read it could be the slave or master cylinder. The car runs great otherwise. She was well maintained. Any help is much appreciated! TY

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think your on the right track. The button sounds like a neutral safety switch that was a rig job. Look under your hood for a master cyl while someone else operates the clutch by hand .Inside or on the drivers side of the bellhousing for the slave cyl. fill fluid and put a clean piece of cardboard under the car and look for a leak and its location. Hope the slave cyl is on the outside of the bellhousing . Just Guessing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A good chance the master cylinder is gone if it can't hold pressure.