Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Reasons to get an Audi?

I will be turning 16 soon and I really want my first car to be an Audi. My dad has connections to get an 06/07 Audi A4 for a pretty good price. But my dad says I need to do research and convince him to get me an Audi. Would the insurance be high? Would parts be expensive? Are the places to get discounted parts? Help me convince my dad.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Audi is only good when you buy it brand new

Downloads
    Uploads
    What you really want to purchase is not a car, but image & status among your peers to make yourself feel important and accepted, and to show off. I'm sorry to say an Audi isn't going to do that for you. All foreign made cars are very expensive to buy parts for when they break and usually you have to go through the dealer to acquire those parts. Because your 16 you are in the high risk age group for car insurance for both boys & girls. Be prepared to pay around $200.00 a month or more for auto insurance even if you have a good student discount. If your dad is wise he will get you a domestic automobile that won't attract the attention of the cops, and when it gets totaled he won't be out thousands of dollars.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why do you want an Audi? People don't buy expensive foreign cars because the insurance or parts are cheap.

Downloads
    Uploads
    An Audi, along with any German luxury sedan (Audi, BMW, Mercedes) is a great car to own when you can afford it. if you can properly maintain an Audi, it will take care of you. Audis have exceptional all wheel drive technology (which led them to dominate in rally during their earlier years), they also have more efficient engines (which led the to dominate in the 24 hours of Le Mans races) they also have superior chassis technology that makes them light and strong which makes them better than Mercedes larger heavier chassis (i don't include BMW in there because they have a sporting pedigree that is hard to beat)
    for practical reasons, an Audi is very safe, the amazing 4 wheel drive will keep you out of accidents and if you still get in one, the aluminum space frame chassis will keep you safe when all hell breaks loose. maintenance and insurance will be higher than regular cars but they don't offer the mechanical advantages that only an Audi can provide. if you really value safety, an Audi is the way to go. The Audi A4's active safety components won it the 'Top Safety Pick For 2007' award from the North-American Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. In IIHS crash testing, the A4 received the highest score possible of "Good" in both the frontal-offset and side-impact categories.

edit 01: Audis, along with the other 2 German luxury car makers are good even when used, you don't need to buy a new one to be good. in fact, a 2002/2003 entry level German luxury sedan is comparable and in some places exceeds the quality and features of a brand new (2012/2013) regular car. this is especially true for the interior and mechanical safety features (electronic safety features like traction control and ABS with brake force distribution are standard on most cars but new regular cars still don't have advanced chassis and all wheel drive technology as standard)

edit 02: it also doesn't matter if you drive a nice car because the one person that needs to be happy with a car is you. if there was no one on earth to impress but you could drive whatever car you wanted it would still be a good one would it not? while the social factor of driving a luxury car is present and depending on your personality its also desirable, remember that you don't have to be a show off to drive a good car. (if it were up to me i'd drive a mclaren super car even if the rest of the world hated me for it just because i would enjoy the car) others don't need to enjoy what i have so why should i let it bother me?

Downloads
    Uploads
    They are expensive to insure and repair and are not the most reliable cars available. You would be better off with a Honda, Acura or Toyota.

Downloads
    Uploads
    None.