What is this? Wi-Fi Wireless networking with Bluetooth?

AlDawg

Oct 10, 2008
I am looking at laptops to buy, and Wi-Fi® Wireless networking (802.11b/g/n) with Bluetooth® (v4.0) is an option for me to choose. What is it? I know what wifi is and i use Bluetooth to connect my phone to my car, but how do i use this in the aspect of a laptop?

Wifi and bluetooth are 2 different radio/wireless communication tools. Where wifi is a wide area network bluetooth is a personal area network. Short range of about 30 ft.

Bluetooth in a laptop is most commonly used to wirelessly attach to mice, printers or slide projectors for presentations. They could also connect to any other bluetooth device such as phones, stereo receivers, speakers, head phones, hand held GPS units, NAV gear on a boat such as a chart plotter, NIKE fuel bands, etc...

You use the bluetooth to connect peripherals (keyboard,mice,speakers, etc) or to transfer files between the laptop and your phone for example. If you know they're different types of wireless signals and not related then that's all you need to know.

Back