My verizon phone broke before my contract terminated!! Help!!!!!?

chris

May 12, 2008
My cosmos 2 phone's screen started fritzing out and just completely went black. I can still call and text but cant see it. This EXACT proble happened to my friend with the same EXACT phone and both times (mine and his) were just out of the blue. I have verizon and can i upgrade early or do i have to get the same phone for another 2 years. (I dont want that). Now (3 days later) it's completely broken!

I have never used Verizon, but I have AT&T and if you encounter a problem that was caused by faulty software rather than user-caused damage, there may be an option to have it replaced for free (with the same model). For mine, there was the option of replacing it something like 3 times for faulty equipment problems (which I had to do), and after you reach the limit, they provide you with a different device, because by that point it's clear that the entire line of that particular phone is buggy... that's fair, because it's not your fault, so the ball's in their court. You may be able to bring up the fact that multiple phones of that model have had the same problem, and ask if you can change devices for that reason.

Also, when you talk to a customer service rep, you may need to rephrase the situation several ways or talk to several different representatives before this option is even brought up. Don't settle for an answer until you're absolutely sure there's no other way.

Back