Since a survey by a Canadian university shows most Christians trust...

Alex

May 12, 2008
...rapists more than atheists...? and I'm an atheist, when Christians ask me what my faith is, should I lie and say I'm a rapist (trust me, I'm not) rather than an atheist, and sort of hope they stop asking from there?
I think it's a good idea. I mean, after all, in the Bible in the Old Testament God had his people stone to death rape victims if they didn't scream loud enough, plus over half of the New Testament, the writings of Paul, was written by a confessed murderer and torturer, which is close to rape, I think they'd be more sympathetic.
Here you are my lovelies:
http://www2.psych.ubc.ca/~will/Gervais%20et%20al-%20Atheist%20Distrust.pdf

That survey does not say that they trust rapists more than atheists, it says that they distrust them equally.

"A description of a criminally untrustworthy individual was seen as comparably representative of atheists and rapists but not representative of Christians, Muslims, Jewish people, feminists, or
homosexuals"

Take note of the "and" between atheists and rapists.

It's so cute when they pull made-up statistics out of their asses and expect us to believe they're true.

That survey is crap.

I have plenty of Christian friends and colleagues who trust me.

My best friend's parents, who are very devout Christians, know I'm an atheist. They recently asked me if I wanted to house-sit and take care of their 3 dogs for a few weeks over the summer.

Like I said, that survey is crap. Anyone who'd want a rapist to watch their kid or their house or hang out with them, rather than a perfectly nice atheist, has mental issues.

That's been my angle from the beginning. Hasn't earned me a loyal following yet.

Back