Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Draft Strategy - Fantasy Baseball?

What is a good draft strategy for an eight-team, head-to-head league?
    when to draft hitters, pitchers, infielders, etc...?

Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    you were to specific on the league your playing in. daily or year long keep league salary caps dynasty etc.

year long:

i dotn do many i prefer daily but i like to load up on power hitters. i only take 1 or 2 good pitchers. i dotn care who is throwin gor how good you are every pitcher will have games that will get you negative points from time to time.

daily:
    well im not given out too much information just do your home work all im going to say is look at the teams who is playing who and read up on the pitchers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There's a lot of schools of thought,but for an 8 team league you need the highest quality starting offense possible,but you also need,probably,2 reliable SP aces.

So,in your 1st 10 rounds pick 8 hitters & 2 SPs;Take the best available player until have to start picking players to plug into certain positions,and I would not take a closer,or catcher in the 1st 10 rounds;Because there are plenty of catchers after round 10 that could have huge years like Napoli & Salvador Perez,and the same goes with closers.

Also,I'd suggest keeping your offensive backups to a minimum,and your number of pitchers to a maximum.Because,when you think about it,2 15 game winners with 150 Ks each would benifit you more then an opponent with Verlander which may produce 20 Ws & 230 Ks.So even if you don't have the biggest names on your pitching staff,you can still regularly win pitching categories just by having large quantities of SPs & closers;But the main thing on this strategy hinges on the quality of your starting offense,if you're gonna spend the majority of your 1st 10 picks on them they MUST produce,and they should provide your team with beastly power,and ample speed.

(If I knew where you were picking in the 1st round I'd be able to be more specific.)

GL