Why does windows 7 bring up system recovery every morning?

Brandon

May 13, 2008
So I built my first gaming rig about 2 days ago and I'm having issues with windows 7. before i get into detail here is my specs:Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit (Full) System Builder DVD 1 Pack running on :
ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard,
ntel Core i5-3570K Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155 - BX80637I53570K,
Arctic Silver 5 Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound Paste 3.5g,
Seagate ST2000DM001 Barracuda 7200RPM 2 TB SATA 6 GB/s NCQ 64 MB Cache 3.5-Inch ,
Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus - 600W Power Supply (RS600-PCARE3-US),
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5 PCI-Express 3.0 DVI-I/DVI-D/HDMI/Dis... SLI Ready Graphics Card GV-N660OC,
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory (CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10) .

So here's my situation, I hooked up everything and used an anti static bracelet and non magnetic tools to do so. But I hooked up everything but the video card first because I had not received the video card yet. I Set up all the drivers for my mobo and everything and went to sleep, everything was fine the next day. Then i installed my video card and all of its included driver "not the most recent ones" I also downloaded Skyrim and began playing it smoothly on ultra settings. went to sleep and woke up to my computer saying windows failed to launch and I tried to do an automatic repair it failed so I tried a system restore and it said successful restart now but when I restarted same thing happened. So eventually I re-installed windows again only to have it do the same thing again the next morning!!! I began to see a pattern that the last restore point was around 4 a.m. and it was a windows critical update so this time around I deactivated automatic updating and restarted my computer multiple times. When I went to bed I completely shut my computer down to find the next morning the same problem!!!! It works fine when its working It's just every night since I installed the new gpu its been going crazy so please help me is this just a driver issue???

don't have an answer for you. i have been using windows 7 since 2010. i boot up my computer on average at least three times a day, every day and never had that problem

Back