Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Am I bad for looking at religion like this?

Honestly I can't believe in God because I look at it as an excuse.

I mean I feel like it is a way for people to not have to deal with the harshness of reality. Not have to accept that sometimes: Bad things can happen without a reason and good doesn't always come out of them.

I feel like it is a way for people to cope with the fear of death.

I feel like it is a way for people to see a reason in all the violence and hatred in this world.

I feel like it is a way for people to feel like we're not animals

I feel like it is a way for people to feel in power when everything is out of their hands (Example: Praying during a natural disaster)

I feel like it is a way for people to feel like they're not alone when they are.

I just simply believe that Gods and things are mans way of Coping with Life and the harsh reality of it. That's what keeping me from going back.

Christian Counslor DrDeanCrosby's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb On

Your beliefs are very rational for someone who has never had a personal encounter with God.To test your beliefs keep asking Jesus to come into your life,if of course He is still alive.

The Christian faith has not been designed to create success or find pleasure in or even tolerate this world but rather to OVERCOME it!

Downloads
    Uploads
    The fact that people find comfort in God is not reason to believe there isn't one. That's simply illogical. After all, would the fact that people feel thirsty and find water quenches that need a reason to disbelieve the existence of WATER? In a world universe without light, eyes cannot "evolve".

Junior Member AngelOfRightGlory's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    you're not a bad person just for that. But I do disagree with you, I think you don't know how much it can hurt some times to have faith, how easy it is to me mad at God when bad things happen

Downloads
    Uploads
    Apart from God's standard of what is good and what bad we are left with human opinions about it.

No one can argue against your feelings.

I am a Christian because of the life and death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. He is real no matter what you feel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree. You should be less passive with your thoughts. You are not bad for having an opinion on anything. -atheist

Downloads
    Uploads
    Completely agree.

It comes from a deep emotional need for cosmic balance. Injustice in this life? "Well justice WILL occur in the next life." That's the reasoning here even when there is no evidence to suggest that it's true to begin with.