Why do some people consider handgun hunting inhumane, but hunting with a rifle or...

Mar 6, 2013
...bow to not be? It's almost as if a person thinking that doesn't understand the energies delivered by different firearms of different calibers. It's almost like they think all rifles are more powerful than all handguns.

Must be city folk, I think. Why do you think some people think like that?

Because they are ignorant. My 14" 308 Encore will do as good a job on most North American game as any of the small caliber pop guns people favor (243s and the like).

But I'm sure that's not what you meant, The deer I dropped with a GP100 fell over just as soon as any other, they never run far with a trashed heart.

Because some idiots hunt with a 9mm handgun.. So it's best to tell people not to hunt with a handgun in general.. But for those of us who are experienced and knowledgeable, we know that a 454 Casull can get the job done just as good as a 30-06 rifle.

I use a Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter 44 Magnum for hog hunting.
I don't see anything inhumane about it.

There's a pretty big portion of Texas hog hunters who use 10mm's. If it gets the job done and they're happy with the results, who am I to argue.

Unless its a revolver in .44mag, .460rowland or .500mag it would be inhumane..handguns can't simply compare to a hunting rifle or bow and that is a fact

Back