Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member kingdomkeybladeorange's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

When pertaining to the Christian religion?

What does the color silver represent and there any times where silver is mentioned? Or particularly a silver bracelet? If not that is alright I'm doing a religious analysis on the story Araby for my literature class and is is quite a struggle to make connections that are not obvious since part of the grade is on depth.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Only pieces of silver, used as currency.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6

Reps truth.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Silver is mentioned 320 times in thr KJV

"Pieces of Silver" are mentioned 19 times

Probably the most notable being the prophecy of Zachariah and the fulfilment in Matthew -

Zec_11:12 And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver.
    Zec_11:13 And the LORD said unto me, Cast it unto the potter: a goodly price that I was prised at of them. And I took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them to the potter in the house of the LORD.
    Mat_26:15 And said unto them, What will ye give me, and I will deliver him unto you? And they covenanted with him for thirty pieces of silver.
    Mat_27:3 Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,

Mat_27:5 And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.
    Mat_27:9 Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying, And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him that was valued, whom they of the children of Israel did value;