Why is my telus internet speed so slow?

AsianPersuasion1

Mar 3, 2013
Hi. I used telus for a long time now. I used to live in a house which I used telus in and the speed was average. I had occasional lags and high pings in video games and slow speeds but it was fine. Now I live in a townhouse (closer to school) and the speed is HORRIBLE. I even tried speed test and it gets errors loading it ahah. My ping is , at least, 464-1368. Download speed is 0.06 mbs. Upload speed is 0.57 mbs. I surf the internet and it takes 1-2 minutes to load a page.
I watch a video on you tube and it takes 2 min to load at least 20 s of the video. I am using a laptop and my router is downstairs. The signal strength always says excellent and I am using a wpa personal network with encryption key. The man who gave us the router promised 5mbs speed. Sadly, that never happened. Speed always drops and sometimes goes up for a sec.
Also, there is always an unsecured network that pops up occassionaly during the week (linksys) and I connect to that. Voila. Speed is amazing compared to my telus network. Download speed is 10 mbs. Ping is generally from 20-80. Never a problem. Usually disappears for some strange reason but whatever. It also happens to take 20 hours to patch 80mb into my game. -_-
Yes, my dad uses the internet and does torrent. My sister uses the internet. I also do too. Two mobile devices use it. But when all of those are turned off, still the internet speed is slow. I connect the ethernet cable to my laptop, even slower. Router is only two monthes old. Must be crap I am guessing since free stuff usually is. (Not trying to sound spoiled)
So I have no idea why this is happening. I turned off my wireless connections on my laptop and turn it back on. Nope. No change. Called telus too but they weren't helpful and their voices are monotone.
These days, I just wish linksys pops up so I can connect my laptop since linksys is better than this crap internet. So slow and it takes like 4 min to make a picture pop up.
I have a feeling linksys could be from my townhouse manager's house. Not sure why a random linksys would pop up. Oh and I am in burnaby, BC. Trying to bring speedtest up again to try the connection but it cant configure or something and keeps giving errors.
Anyone can help, pls give advice ^^

A slow Internet connection could be caused by any number of reasons. It may be connection or traffic problem.
To increase your internet speed follow the tips given below:
1.clear your cookies from your browser
2.Use Updated browser.
3.Install Antivirus protection Software.
After, completing this steps, you can check our internet speed from this site ScanMySpeed.com

Back