What is the best small to mid-sized SUV for a broke college student?

LeoF

Dec 27, 2008
Hello everyone,

I am 20 years old and in college. I'm majoring in wildlife biology, which requires me to do internships in a variety of wild places. The thing is, some of these internships require me to be able to drive through some pretty rocky roads. Another thing is, most of them don't come with housing so there would be times when I would be sleeping in my car. Ahhh, the wonderful life of a wildlife biologist.
To make a long story short, I'm looking to buy a used car, possibly by the summer, that is rugged enough to go through somewhat rocky terrain and be able to handle the wilderness, and have enough room to possibly kick back and sleep for a night. I have $2500 dollars currently, and I could save $1500 or so more by the time I'm ready to buy.
So in summation, what would be a good car for someone in my position (a broke college student), who needs to be able to drive in some rough conditions?
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Their is a matchbox datson suv with two spare tires.

Good luck sweetie have a good day kisses.

Volvo station wagon is a reliable substitution of a SUV - they run nearly forever
unless you put that $2.5k as down payment on a nice (not new) SUV

you could get a really old and used toyota 4x4. Good thing is some of them comes in 4 wheel drive. Also try looking for used jeep.

Back