Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do I quit smoking cigarettes?

Help me! I smoke 4 packs of marlboro red special blends every day! I love cigarettes! When will I die from this? I honestly smoke 4 packs a day. Would you consider that more than average? If so how Many packs a day is average? I've been smoking cigs since I was 12. And it's just so hard to even think about stopping. What should I do?

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can't

Downloads
    Uploads
    You are about average.

You can stop smoking immediately as in now, now today if you start using Nicabate gum. I did it. Nicabate gives you a nicotine hit immediately you start chewing the gum. Nicabate is usually sold in supermarkets.

It's usually a lot cheaper than cigarettes.

You will probably need to use the gum for about a month or so till you get used to it, then you will be able to gradually start weaning yourself off it. It will likely take 6 months or so until the effects of the tobacco finally stop having an effect on you.

The hardest part will be controlling your urge to light a cigarette because that's also a habit besides the nicotine from the cigs.

With Nicabate gum, you'll need to start with the highest dosage at 4mg because of the number of cigs you currently smoke. Nicabate is good because you can cut the pieces in half as you cut back.

After just 1 or two days of quitting the cigs, you will find you have a lot more energy and you will also smell a whole lot better. Non smokers can smell a smoker a mile off.

When you can die from smoking?

It all depends on your dna with regard to whether you will get lung cancer. It can start at any time, usually in the 40's. One thing though. Cancer is not the only danger here. It's Emphysema. It literally destroys your lungs and severely limits your ability to breathe. Either way, cancer or Emphysema, it will kill you in the end. Emphysema starts when you start smoking and doesn't have full effect until you are 40+ or so.

Good luck with it

Downloads
    Uploads
    How do you find the time to smoke 4 packs in a day? Even a pack a day requires a good amount of free time.

Combo of patch, chantix, and tons of gum.