What do you think of my story so far?

Miss

Jun 5, 2008
I am in the process of writing a novel for school and this is what I have written so far. Feel free to give me feedback on how I can improve my characters and make them even more interesting.

Kendall Kavanaugh: This teenage girl is going to be the main character in the story. She is a highly intelligent girl that is both tough and buff. She comes off as a bit of a bully and many people dislike her. The reason why she acts this way is that she has a hard time dealing with her emotions and she seems to run away from dealing with them. She is a good-girl at heart, but ever since her father decided to re-marry and move on from his unstable relationship with her biological mother, Kendall has built this anger inside of her. She strongly dislikes her stepmother and has no interest what-so-ever in ever bonding with her new stepsister. Kendall’s parents married young and struggled in their relationship. Her father caught his mother having an affair with her high school sweetheart Dick Channing and they have not spoken to each other ever since. Kendall’s mother has been gone ever since she ran away with her lover to Arizona to start over in another state. Kendall is completely aware of the current situation, but continues to have hope that her parent’s may reunite. She has no idea where her mother is located, but soon finds out as the story processes. She never forgave her father of letting her mother go, even though she knows at heart that his father was the strongest one in their relationship, at least he kept fighting to save their unhopeful marriage whereas her mother could care less.

Derek: He is receiving the bad-boy persona. Derek always seems to be hanging out in the wrong crew, which is why he is always getting into so much trouble. As a kid, his parents had neglected him. His father is an alcoholic who beats him at home and his mother ran away from his abusive father when Derek was a child. He also has a hard time trusting people, due to his horrific past. Derek is also the main love-interest for Kendall, as he fully understands what’s she is going through and sees her in a different perspective than the other kids at his school does. He falls in love with Kendall, but does have a hard time trusting her. Derek is also very overly protective of her, as he feels like he needs to since no one ever helped him out as a kid. Kendall however, thinks Derek’s over-protectiveness is unnecessary.

Liam: This preppy and charming good-guy is from a wealthy family. He has always had feeling from Kendall ever since they were young. Kendall and Derek’s families used to be close, until her mother’s disappearance and so called murder. Liam has always had a hard time expressing his feeling for Kendall, which may be due to his witness of his parent’s unhealthy relationship. Both of his parents are having secret love affairs and never seem to be having any time to spend together as a family, hence the reason why he seems to be having commitment reasons as well.
-written by NKJ

Is this the whole story? (not a problem as there are great classic short short tales)

If not, where is the rest of it?
Are you holding off writing until more people contact you?
If so, then give up writing right now.
You will never finish anything waiting for people to read page after page.

Finnish the story and then ask for input.

It's great! For the ending personally i like twist endings or ends that you have to wait fr the next book. But PERFECT! Just perfect

Back