Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Golden Retriever puppies?

I have a few questions

1.) If im looking to pick up my puppy mid june (2013) when should i start looking for a litter?

2.) I have been looking at litters of pups on the internet and some quality bred dogs are 00 or 00. Then i go on websites like ebay classifieds and find AKC registered pups for 0. Whats the difference? I am not looking for a show dog or service dog just a companion. So if i buy the more expensive puppy is there a lower risk of future health problems? That bascally what i wanna know, If i get a 00 dog will it save me money in the long run in vet bills and hopefully give me a few more years with her. (Keep in mind that i know money cannot buy friendship but this is a serious question)

Thanks in advance

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would honestly suggest getting a shelter Retriever.. You would be saving a life

Downloads
    Uploads
    Most ebay dogs, the parents have not have genitic testing and there is a higher risk of health issues. Google your local reteriver club, they will be happy to help you find a good breeder in your area and tell you what to look for in a breeder.

Yes a better breed dog can most likely save you money on vet bills in the furture.