What if you chose the wrong religion?

Jacob

May 20, 2008
I was wondering, what happens if you believe in the wrong religion, do you go to hell? or do you just realize your wrong by becoming nothing? If someone is a Buddhist and believes that it's the only true religion and then Christianity is true, what would happen to the Buddhist? I don't see any particular reason why one religion should be true and why the other isn't. Everyone argues about what is real and what does and doesn't exist. I have heard stories when the god of one religion does something to show he is real, but then I hear the same thing in other ones as well. I know some religions just make no sense and there's no way they could be real. But some people believe in nothing and everything is random chance and on the other side, people say god made everything. I just don't think that because one religion is true and its not the same one you were following, that anything bad should happen to the person because they just learn from experiences that one thing is supposedly true.

It's impossible for us to fully understand God's thinking but from the teaching in the Bible it appears that God and His Son Jesus want to be thanked and respected for all that they have created as well as for their continuing interventions in our lives in response to prayers of faith.For this reason they show intolerance toward those who fail to honor or even worse,acknowledge them and apparently they have decided that they do not want to live in heaven for all of eternity with those who have rejected their work.:mad:

it min nothing all are up to you to believe or not to believe or you are belong to a Church or not

If Christianity is correct, you go to hell.
But they're supposed to be all forgiving or something. But not believing is a super-sin or something. And believing in both?; YOU STILL LOSE!
That's why I'm an Atheist, it just feels better to not have to worry about sins, right or wrong, god or masters.
But I'm not trying to convert you.
But you'd go to "Hell"

It's like choosing the wrong mate.You end up going through a lot of pain and suffering,but,when you emerge from the other side,you're a "better" person.

Well what happens would really depend on who was right. Either reincarnation, hell, or nothing.

Pantheism might be for you.

Or this one thing I heard of a while back, where what you believe happens to you... although that's unlikely, in any case.

Hello Jacob, I think that every religion is right. All religions are true except all have different beliefs & god but no religion is wrong. I am a member of the Free Church of Tonga but I am also in the same position as you. I am thinking whether I should become a member of the Mormon Church or stay with the Free church of Tonga.

Well, Hope my answer was helpful

No other way, One God, One Spirit, One Word of God, one truth, only one way to heaven through Jesus Christ as Lord. I have a step-son lost with out Christ in Korea, It is very sad, to lose one through out eternity.

you know the saying "if loving you is wrong, I don't wanna be right"?

That's how I feel. Which I'm fine with because to be perfectly honest, most people actually do think my belief is wrong.

pagan

You are reborn with your respected spiritual teacher, 'Sensei' honorific title is used as a mark of respect to someone who is regarded as a teacher, or mentor.
So many to teach, many different teachers or Prophets sent out all over.

According to the "one true religions"----(there are a lot of them), all of the others are wrong.

So, according to all of the religions that we don't believe in, you and I and everyone else are all going to some sort of Hell anyway, so enjoy yourself!

"Yield to temptation; it may not pass your way again." --- Robert A. Heinlein

Back