Mark Knopfler vs. Roger Waters?

cornelia

Jul 8, 2008
They both are coming Istanbul to give a concert. I can only go one of them but the thing is i LOVE both of them and I cant seem to decide. Which one would you prefer?
OH MY FUCKING GOD ITS LIKE THE HARDEST DESITION OF MY LIFE

I hate Pink Floyd's music for some reason. I can't place why, but it literally makes me feel legitimately sick when I listen to it, lol so I'll go with Mark Knopfler. I love that guy and I love Dire Straights. I think he's really really really underrated

Hello.I'd go with Knopfler although he doesn't have much new material.I certainly coundn't sit through Waters milking The Wall again for the umteenth time....The Knopfler one must be cheaper and better.

The wall by Pink floyd written by waters is better than knopflers back catalogue. Go with walters
If you asked walters if knopfler wrote anything he wished he had wrote, he would have said brothers in arms and thats it. The other way and knopfler would say almost everything waters wrote.

MARK KNOPFLER!!!! LEGEND! I'd pick him over Roger Waters any day.. I'm just crazy about Mark so I'd choose him :)

That is a tough call. :( I love them both too. The pickless wonder Knopfler vs Roger Waters.

I'd probably go Waters as Pink Floyd has had more hits. Here is what Waters has been playing in US shows late last year..

Set 1
Outside the Wall
(Pink Floyd song)
In the Flesh?
(Pink Floyd song)
The Thin Ice
(Pink Floyd song)
Another Brick in the Wall Part 1
(Pink Floyd song)
The Happiest Days of Our Lives
(Pink Floyd song)
Another Brick in the Wall Part 2
(Pink Floyd song)
The Ballad Of Jean Charles de Menezes
Mother
(Pink Floyd song)
Goodbye Blue Sky
(Pink Floyd song)
Empty Spaces
(Pink Floyd song)
What Shall We Do Now?
(Pink Floyd song)
Young Lust
(Pink Floyd song)
One of My Turns
(Pink Floyd song)
Don't Leave Me Now
(Pink Floyd song)
Another Brick in the Wall Part 3
(Pink Floyd song)
The Last Few Bricks
(Pink Floyd song)
Goodbye Cruel World
(Pink Floyd song)

Set 2
Hey You
(Pink Floyd song)
Is There Anybody Out There?
(Pink Floyd song)
Nobody Home
(Pink Floyd song)
Vera
(Pink Floyd song)
Bring the Boys Back Home
(Pink Floyd song)
Comfortably Numb
(Pink Floyd song)
The Show Must Go On
(Pink Floyd song)
In the Flesh
(Pink Floyd song)
Run Like Hell
(Pink Floyd song)
Waiting for the Worms
(Pink Floyd song)
Stop
(Pink Floyd song)
The Trial
(Pink Floyd song)
Outside the Wall
(Pink Floyd song)

Roger Waters! one of my teachers saw him..he said it was amazing. i would love to go to a Roger Waters concert. :)

I will pick Roger Waters.I like Mark as well but like Pink Floyd better than Dire Straights.

I've only seen Waters live in concert, and I have to say he puts on an amazing show. He sometimes gets a little too preachy and political in between songs for my taste, though.

Back