Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can I smoke one cigarette if im in my 3rd trimester?

I quit smoking when I found out that I was pregnant.. but now im 29 weeks and all I crave is a cigarette. Could it hurt the baby if he's not used to the smoke? Ive heard of women smoking t hroughout their pregnancies and everything has been perfect..

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can.....but it's a remarkably selfish thing to do. You know that once your baby is born you won't be able to smoke in rooms that the baby is in and they are now advising that smoke in your clothing is also a danger to your childs health.

You've made it over half a year without smoking.....why start back now?

Junior Member mThink'n'PinkmHasTwins's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Why would you want to wreck everything? One leads to two which leads to three and so on.

Junior Member shortstuffrockssocks's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't start back, my Godson's mom quit smoking her 1st and 2nd trimester and started smoking again right around the same time, if you start smoking the baby will receive the nicotine that travels through your blood and then become addicted, which means with-drawls after he/she is born. Also it can cause a lot of health problems. My Godson was a fussy baby for quite a few months, he also deals with resporitory problem (which may or may not be linked to the smoking) but try to stay away from them for your health and your baby's!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you have made it this far without smoking I wouldnt start again. Some women do smoke during pregnancy at the recemedation of their doctor. For example my best friends doctor told her not to completly stop smoking but to cut back, because if she was stressed or went through withdrawl from the smoking, then so would the baby and that is equally as dangerous. But where you have already quit i wouldnt't pick it up again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a couple cigerettes in my third trimester cuz I was getting nervouse about labor and I have the healthiest baby I know. But everyone is different.