Is homo-sexual used to describe a gay man and a lesbian woman?

Ambs

Feb 17, 2013
Im confused by the meaning is gay for men or both and is homosexual for men or both

Basically, yes, both are attracted to the same sex, therefore their sexual orientation is homosexual.

homosexual: someone who is sexually attracted to members of the same sex. so, yes. men that like men, women that like women

Marriage EQUALITY (not gay marriage, not homosexual marriage) is about two consenting adults marrying, regardless of gender, sexual identity, sexual orientation, skin colour, religion, sex, or caste.

"Homo" means same or one. The term "homosexual" is used to describe an individual who is attracted to members of the same gender. It can be used to describe men and/or women.

homosexual means that one is attracted to their own gender so it applies to both, also as i am a bisexual female i am both heterosexual and homosexual. this also applies to the word gay. Lesbian is only used for females though, and the word "queer" is used intermittently and has been picked up by some gay communities, although i would avoid using it as some people find this offensive, others though add it to the original lgbt and make it lgbtqa Q being for those unsure and A being asexual or only in want of romantic relationships without sex
hope this helps

The label "homosexual" covers both terms. "Gay" and "lesbian" defines the gender.

Back