Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you think heavy metal music is just a guy cliche?

Do you think people(specially guys) listen to heavy metal just to prove that they're macho or something? Like, if you do not listen to heavy metal, you are gay.

It seems metalheads do not really understand any of the song but just like to jump around and do some headbanging, whatever the song or its meaning may be, and it seems kind of idiotic to me. I like songs with intellectual lyrics. Am I wrong for assuming lyrics are the best parts of songs?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm just a guy that dresses preppy you could say but I enjoy Heavy Metal because of the instruments, they are actually very hard to master especially Death Metal. Speaking of Death Metal, that type of genre may be extreme but a lot of of the lyrics have intellectual lyrics in it. Not all of it is about killing/murders.. and no I don't headbang jusy because I find it unnecesary I just like to sit down and snjoy music. I also like various forms of music not just Metal. Such as, Modern Pop, Classic Rock, some Country, Mexican style music, Techno not Dubstep. So yeah not all people that listen to Metal are douches

Downloads
    Uploads
    You're not wrong for assuming lyrics are the best part of songs. But I don't think you've listened to real metal. You've probably heard Sleeping With Sirens, and Blessthefall. There are some great metal bands with meaningful lyrics.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No.

You are idiotic for thinking Metal has no intellectual lyrics.

About every music genre out there has,