Why won't my PS3 find Bluetooth Devices?

JeremyS

Jul 3, 2008
Recently bought a bluetooth headset (rocketfish) to use for online gaming. The first time I started it up, I successfully paired it with the system (PS3 Slim) but had no incoming/outgoing audio from the headset. I decided to use the "delete" option in the bluetooth devices settings for the headset and try to repair it to see if it would work.

Now, my PS3 won't find any bluetooth devices at all. I've followed the headset instructions to a T every time, and nothing. I've even had my iPhone set as discoverable on bluetooth and the PS3 didn't recognize it either.

Did i make a big mistake by deleting the headset earlier? Or is there some simple solution to my issue?

Put your Bluetooth device in discovery mode. Generally, you activate this by holding the Bluetooth activation button--but because headsets vary, you may need to consult your manual for precise instructions.

Go to the "Settings" tab on the PS3's cross-media bar and select the "Accessory Settings" menu. From the new menu, select "Scan for Bluetooth Device." The PlayStation 3 should detect it automatically.

Return to the "Settings" menu and select "Audio Settings." Go to "Input/Output Settings" and select your headset as the device. Your Bluetooth headset should now be completely synced with your PS3 and ready for online chatting.

double check the instructions on putting your headset into paring mode , your ps3 can only find it once it's in pairing mode ( usually it'll be hold the power button for 5 seconds or more and the headset flashes red/blue or red/green when in pairing mode )
you can't use an iphone as a headset or pair one with a ps3 , it's not compatible so don't bother trying that , your ps3 is not broken because it won't find an iphone , it's not supposed to find the phone .

once you connect the headset you're only half done , the reason you had no sound from the headset before was you did not finish the setup , you have to go into accessory settings ? audio device and set your headset as the input and output devices , take some time and read your ps3 manual so you know how to use its settings and features , look on the xmb menu for the online manual and you can find instructions for all things ps3 and next time you need help figuring out something like connecting a headset you can find it in the manuals .

Back