Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What are your thoughts on the President's speech last night?

At Bing/Politics last night there was something new. An instant opinion poll on the Presidents speech. People could link in and select how they felt about what the President was saying in real time. Unfortunately my feed was too slow for it to work and let me watch and listen at the same time. Someone needs to work on that. *G* And there's really no info on the demographics of those participating.

But the idea is good. I have no idea whether or not there were a lot more conservatives participating or if those participating just thought, OK, we've heard all this BS for the last four years. How about you actually get serious and do something. Over all on a scale from -100 to 100 Bing showed the average response to be a whopping -54. At the best points in his speech the President ALMOST made it to 0.

The President may feel he got a mandate in the last election. But the reality of the matter is 51% is a bare majority of votes cast, and a far cry from being an indication a simple plurality support support what the President has done so far.

The President made a point of saying 'we've reduced spending by $2.5 trillion dollars'. This has been said many times by the President, his press secretary, and a whole host of Democrats. But has anyone seen where those cuts came from?

And what about Marco Rubio's response. OK I admit I'm biased I like him. But I thought he gave a better one and took a lot less time!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I felt Rubio has the obvious passion in his heart for his country.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't bother watching Obama; I did think Rubio gave a very impressive and accurate response though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Spending was not actually decreased by 2.5 trillion dollars.

By 2020 our federal budget will be like 5.4 trillion dollars, either way you look at it. Maybe they did cut 2.5 trillion out of the budget over like 50 years or something stupid, but our budget is growing by 1.7-1.8 trillion in 10 years.

Spending wasn't cut, it was increased.