Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smart LED TV with built in blu ray dvd player?

I'm looking for a smart led tv with a built in blu ray dvd player. I found a Magnavox tv with a built in dvd player but the dvd player isn't blu ray and the tv is only 46". I'm preferably looking for a 55" tv.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dont.

Televisions with built in disk players are usually the lower end units, and break frequently.

As you saw - a television with a DVD player. It wont take a BluRay player, a Smart BluRay player or a 3D BluRay player. A BluRay player is $57.

Smart - For $99 you can get a small media server box like the Western Digital TV Live box. This will give you 20+ apps, the ability to play computer files from a USB flash or HDD drive. This usually has more features and better support than the apps in most televisions.

This will allow you to purchase a better, basic HDTV and save the $300 bump for the smart model.

Again - do not buy Magnavox.

The March issue of Consumer Reports has a large TV Ratings article. I suggest you go purchase a copy as it shows you what they like, what they recommend and how the prices change by size.

MY CHOICE:

The Samsung models with the Smart Hub feature has gotten great reviews. The D7000/D8000 or the E6500 models are at the top of many review lists. They cost a lot more than the Magnavox - but have outstanding image, features, and could last 5+ years.

Also - avoid Vizo. The prices are tempting but they have up/down quality. We get jumps in complaints here every few months. The parts change so frequently that Vizio admits they are un-repairable.

Hope this helps.