Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Newbie Horoscope question?

My Sun sign in Virgo, Moon sign in Aries and Venus in Leo. Do you read them all separately to get a reading? thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    From my understanding you read them separately first to determine and understand the energy of the specific planet and then you should also understand at what angle the planets are from each other. People call angle aspect in astrology.
    Sun sign has to do with your conscious self and life path. Moon signs has to do with your emotional nature and your more subconscious motivations.
    The angle between sun and moon (and any other planets) is important. First off if one's sun and moon is either 30 or 60 degrees apart it's said that the aspect is "easy". If they're at 90 or 180 degrees it's said that there's a tension to the aspect. The combination in that respect is important as it has a bearing on how the energy of the planet expresses itself supposedly. If moon and sun are at 90 or 180 degrees that means the energies are significantly different that your subconscious and conscious self are sometimes at odds with each other. Signs that are at 90 and180 are in the same modality they are either both cardinal, both fixed, or both mutable. They share the same modality so they are similar in energy type but very different in outlook and perspective. Pisces is dreamy while virgo is analytical for instance and their general approaches to life are completely opposite. If you have two contradictory impulses that means the steadiness of each energy will be interrupted and not as smooth. However sometimes people who are subject to this struggle of energies become more acutely aware of their energies and learn to harness them better because of it. This is why even though it's acknowledged as difficult to deal with it's simultaneously understood to be factor that initiates change and struggle.

I bought quite a few books to figure it out. I'm naturally intimidated by symbols so I just kept trying to figure it out when I felt like it. I also use the internet quite a bit now, but I think a few good books are necessary.