"Just friends" Shyness or regular death bell?

A

aussiedocc

OK went on 2 dates with this girl. Shes very quite,shy and reserved. Met her through a friend who told me she thought i was "lovely guy" and we got on well together. I thought we had great chemistry on the dates and we would txt and i would ring once a week. She would always answer and respond my calls and txt except for the first txt when she said she was "down for the weekend and was i still interested in catching up with her"
She blew of the first 3rd date (saying she lost her phone - in retrospect i assume this now). We spoke during the week as per normal after this and i arranged with her for a follow up the next w/end.She changed this date to coffee and then blew me off again. I called and was told she loves spending time with me but sees me only as a friend.Usually the kiss of death i know.
I feel like ive been getting mixed signals the entire time and am unsure if this is the normal just friends death bell or if she is shy and perhaps concerned about starting a relationship.
I assume she was interested in at least the first date due to her txt.
The first of the 3rd dates was on a sunday (2 days after the 2nd). The 2nd third date was the following week.
I assumed that something happened between the 2nd date and the 3rd date to make her change her mind but then i am super confused as to why she would continue to talk to me /sms ect during the week. This makes me feel like its more uncertainty rather than genuine lack of chemistry. This is probably wishful thinking on my part.

I plan on sending a txt to arrange for a coffee and chat (to ask the tough questions. why did you decide to back off? is it the distance that concerns you? did you feel like we were progressing too fast?)this weekend (a week after the friends phone call) and gauge her response to that. If she doesn't respond or blows be off again at least ive got my answer.

advice?

Back