Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why does this MMA gym has this unwritten rule about everyone being shirtless...

...all the time? I used to go to this MMA gym for over 3 years. They had BJJ, Muay Thai, and a cage for cage-fighting. I don't think I ever saw anyone take off his shirt. Everyone got dressed on the restroom stalls.

I moved to another city, and asked about MMA gyms. They told me about this gym, that it was the best.

This gym has everything, muay thai, BJJ, boxing, and a cage for cage-fighting. But unlike my previous gym, everyone is always shirtless.

On my first day, everyone keep telling I would be more comfortable without a shirt. But I keep it on.

On the second day, people keep telling me how much better I would be if I didn't have my shirt on. Everyone told me I would have a better range of motion.

After 2 weeks, I gave in. I do like everyone else. As soon as I get in, I take off my shirt, and won't put it back on until I leave.

I really don't understand how do unwritten rules get written.

At my other gym, everyone got dressed in the restroom. No one ever took off his shirt.

At this gym, there seems to be this unwritten rule that I need to take off my shirt as soon as I set foot on the gym.

I gave in, I'm getting used to training BJJ and boxing shirtless. Pretty soon, I'll be telling new guys to take off their shirts also.

Why does this MMA gym has this unwritten rule about everyone being shirtless all the time?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't you want people to see your pecks and abs?

Downloads
    Uploads
    That is really strange. I've never heard of such a thing happening. Sounds like something a pervert would come up with. I

Junior Member NoneofyourBusiness's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Perv-troll.

Junior Member StevePolychronopolis's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Did they make you rub down with body oil as well? Im just sayin.....................

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe when they first opened the gym someone never wore their shirt. And it just kept going and became an unwritten rule.
    Maybe it actually does help you with your range.