Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why is my New York State return under further review?

I e-filed on 1/31/13. My federal was accepted on 1/31 and I have a DD date of 2/8. The problem I have is with NY State. On Tuesday 2/5 I received the email from TurboTax that my State return was accepted.

On Monday 2/4/13 I checked the NY State refund site and it said that it received my return and that it needed further review and that it could take up to 60 days and that if I receive correspondence from to respond as soon as possible.

I usually post questions and answers on TurboTax Live Community and it appears that a lot of people that e-filed their state returns are getting the message of being under further review. On some it says it can take 4 to 6 weeks, some it says 6 to 8 weeks and some the 60 days. The only one that mentions correspondence is the 60 day message.

I tried calling for 3 days now and can'tt get through to speak to a live person. My return hasn't changed. I'm claiming the same number of dependents. No EIC and no child care expenses.

Can that be a generic message since so many people have it? Does the 60 day message mean that I am being audited? Could it be a way of stalling since the State is broke? Since then people that have e-filed on 2/2, 2/3 and just accepted are getting refund dates of 2/14 for their DD.

I'm really confused. There is no code listed on the site so I can call and find out what the problem is. The message about correspondence is weird because it says "IF" I get correspondence. If I was being audited or they found an error in my return wouldn't they know it and just let me know. Would they wait the 60 days and then tell me that I am being audited or that they need proof os something that I have on my return.

Has anyone else received that message? If you have the message did you receive correspondence about your return? Has the message disappeared and now you have a DD date?

Please let me know what to expect.

Downloads
    Uploads
    DD = Department of Defense?