I have a blue ray player (wifi ready) and a smart TV. Do I still need the...

Barb

Jun 3, 2008
...service of direct TV or any other? do need to keep the srvice of Direct TV or any other cable company? Can I drop the direct Tv and still use my plasma smart tv with the blue ray player?
What I really want to know is; I hve wireless in my house, I have a new plasma hdtv and a new blue ray player with wifi, netflix, hulu and pandora built in - can I drop my direct TV service?

Netflix & Hulu are not the same as cable TV. You can't substitute one for the other. You can cancel DirecTV anytime you want but don't expect to get the same programming and the ability to watch live TV.

Only if you can live without live TV. Internet service is not a complete substitute for cable or satellite TV. Whether you can live without live TV isn't a question anyone but you can answer. Michael doesn't know what he is talking about.

You connect your t.v. to a wifi router, which connects to a modem, which connects to your internet service provider (like cable or direct tv internet service). Then you'll be all set to go.

Back