Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

DIY - Charging a mobile phone with a modded car charger (trying to make portable

charger)? I found an old 12-24v Car Charger for a Panasonic G500. I hooked up a 9v battery to it and the indicator came on, suggesting that it works. Ive stripped it out of its car plug and fitted it inside a cheap battery casing, with a USB Female hub on the outside.

How much batteries and what type of batteries will i need to make it work properly?
    I think the output voltage is 5v 2A, the packaging and charger itself didnt have much details.
    The maximum input voltage range is 12v-24v.
    Tested it with:
    > 3v casio scientific calculator

> 9v motor out of an old R/C car
    > Bluetooth headset
    It doesnt seem to charge my Blackberry unless another device is connected then disconnected(probably to put the charger onto full-amps out or something)

Downloads
    Uploads
    To be honest you can buy an in-car charger for most mobile phones for low cost on EBay. I just would not risk it - how much are you going to have to pay for a new phone ? Bear in mind that you are not just risking the phone battery but the phone battery charging circuits. Blow those and the phone is an ornament.

Unless you willing to take the risk of blowing up whatever you try to charge ... Don't even think about charging a mobile with a diy charger unless you really know what your doing

Downloads
    Uploads
    What you can charge with this depends upon the electrical rated output and the charging circuit design.

Not ehough information.

Downloads
    Uploads
    === use your new modded or modified plug charger system and you will BLOW-UP your cellular phone ---- do not use that thing == you found that in the trash and put it back in the trash and get a proper wall charger from amazon or e-bay or get a new car charger made for your phone == the makers of phone chargers are manufacturing chargers that solely indigenous to their own phones .. If you value your phone do the right thing and get the correct P-G500 equipment ... plz