Creationists, can you name one prediction that the theory of evolution made that

Catherinemmmmmmmm

Feb 8, 2013
turned out to be false? Links to Christian apologetics sites like carm, creationscience, or any of that don't count. If you do have one of those, then please cut out the middleman and direct me to the peer reviewed journal/documentation that is (hopefully) cited therein.
Oh, and be specific. Tell me about a specific experiment that was done. Tell me the hypothesis, the predictions it made, maybe the abstract if it's short enough, and the result and conclusion.
@Stephen: Seriously? If you really want to know, then ask it as a separate question and email me a link to it, I'll be happy to answer there. But you're not hijacking my question by changing the subject and asking a completely separate question.
@Vlad: If you're going to demonstrate an ignorance of terminology of scientific experimentation, please don't wear it so proudly. A scientific prediction is this: a scientist predicts the result of a given experiment such that, if the result of the experiment falls within the prediction, it further corroborates the model that the scientist used to make the prediction. With enough of these accurate predictions, the model becomes a theory.

Once again, learn the terminology.
@Sara: No, it's the right word.
@Rigby: Look up the difference between a theory and a hypothesis.
http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CA/CA201.html

eh?

I've got family before they passed away 10-200 years ago who used to believe in evolution & the big bang...and also in God.

So...what maks you think i will shake in my belief about thinking of these things?

People who disbelieve can only say things and not bring proof of what they bring...simply cos, it is impossible to prove anything does not exist.

I challenge any scientist/atheist or anyone else who strongly disbelieves in Him...to bring plausible proof.

But they can't cos it's merely impossibe.

anyway, if you are one of them people,

I wish you the very best of luck to bring me down.

best wishes xx

Prediction refers to the future, the theory of evolution gives an explanation as to how things are, but no pointers as to how they may be, save that if you change the animals environment, eventually the animal will evolve to cope.

Creationism is a peculiar doctrine followed by misguided American fundamentalists.

You refer to the theory of evolution as if it is fact, but yet you call it a theory. That is contradictory. You cannot name one prediction that the theory of evolution made that turned out to be false because the theory hasn't been proved or disroved, thus the reason for it being called a theory. There is insufficient evidence to suggest the authenticity of the theory, so none of us can judge whether it id right or not, we can only speculate.

Catherine. Macro evolution asserts men share a common ancestor with apes. Unfortunately for those supporting evolution this has never been observed.

A scientific theory needs to meet certain qualifiers. It needs to be observable with predictable, repeatable outcomes.

Macro evolution meets none of these criteria.

Men wear clothing
Men work
"Death to America!
'financial meltdown'
7 days in a week
Man's dominion of the world
Women have increased pain in childbearing
The muslims hate the Jews
monkeys are our fathers

Of the above list - which is the lie?
And from where does it come?
Do your eyes see?

That all plants and animals on earth descended from a single-cell organism (or a few germs).
The 3.5 billion years fossil record shows there is not a single case of small-change by small-change linkage between one kind of animal fossil and another kind. Darwinian evolution did not occur.

Can it predict the creation of any species prior to that species appearing? Can it predict the extinction of any species prior to that species extinction?

Evolution makes no predictions because it cannot know the peculiar circumstances/environment nor does it know what genetic mutations will occur.

@Matthew: Of course not, no one ever claimed it could or should be able to do that.
If it can't make predictions, it fails a major test of a theory.

Hey! Don't mock creationists, because when I'm feeling particularly stupid it makes me glad to know that there's someone out there dumber than me.

Sharing With You:<a href="http://www.nfljerseys.us.com/"><STRONG>Jerseys with High Quality </STRONG></a> but Favorable Price

Back