Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member Catherinemmmmmmmm's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

What testable predictions has intelligent design made that can be confirmed through

experimentation? Because this is the prerequisite for something to be considered science. Until it does such it's a hypothesis at best. So, if it has not done so, then what testable predictions can it make that can be confirmed or falsified by experimentation?

Some here have demonstrated that they don't know what a scientific prediction is, so I'll get it out of the way here: a scientific prediction is what you do to give your model to explain a given phenomenon credence. For example, Louis de Broglie had a model for matter at the quantum scale, that it could be modeled as a transverse wave on the order of magnitude of the Planck constant. For this model he predicted that particles fired at a double slit would show a diffraction pattern similar to monochromatic light. This was tested and confirmed by G. P. Thomson in 1927, and a series of these experiments confirming this prediction confirmed de Broglie's model to be accurate.

So, now that we have that out of the way, has intelligent design contributed any of these testable predictions? Have any of them been confirmed? If not, what are some possible testable predictions that intelligent design could make?
    @Yun: Did I say that there was for evolution or the big bang? Did I even say anything about evolution or the big bang in the question?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe they predicted wristwatches, and that prediction has been verified by observing Rolex television advertising.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Only the relatively low IQ of the adherents.

Downloads
    Uploads
    God created us. We are here. Therefore, intelligent design has been confirmed.

I'm just kidding, they got nothing other than disbelief of evolution followed by proof by ignorance. "If we weren't created by God, then how did we get here?" For some reason, "I don't know" is not an acceptable answer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The bible is not a science book Catherine. It includes some science in it, but it wasn't produced by God to give a full account of how things work, but rather to point you to the creator who made those things and show you how to have a relationship with him.

Would you like to know God Catherine ?

He wants to know you. That I know for certain.

Here is a prayer. Which if you say in faith and sincerity will invite Jesus Christ into your life.

This is not autosuggestion to the mind, and this is not a magic luck charm.

It's also not the prayer in and of itself that saves you, but rather what you're acknowledging in the prayer.

The Sinners Prayer.

"Heavenly Father, have mercy on me, a sinner. I believe in you and that your word is true. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God and that he died on the cross so that I may now have forgiveness for my sins and eternal life. I know that without you in my heart my life is meaningless.

I believe in my heart that you, Lord God, raised Him from the dead. Please Jesus forgive me, for every sin I have ever committed or done in my heart, please Lord Jesus forgive me and come into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior today. I need you to be my Father and my friend.

I give you my life and ask you to take full control from this moment on; I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ."

Amen.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What testable prediction has any evolutionary theory made for the existence of energy and matter?

Without those two things existing in the first place, the Big Bang has nothing to make into the Universe. Yet, no "testable prediction" has been made for how those things exist.

Oops, that leaves the evolutionary theory back in the realm of non-science too.

We can play this game all day!

Let me make a little more pointed one.
    What "testable prediction" has evolutionary theory made for the transformation of non-life to life by spontaneous and non-intended events? Without that, there is no way for life to occur in the evolutionary scheme.

Unregistered
    Sharing With You:<a href="http://www.nfljerseyschina.us.com/"><STRONG>Jerseys with High Quality</STRONG></a> but Favorable Price