Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Guys help me. Look i bought a cool hometheater system that supports xvid

but won't play all? Am getting my videos from YouTube and convert them by a software called FLV CONVERTER that converts to avi,mpeg mp4 and so on. So I choose avi that breaks ot to dvix and xvid and I select xvid because it's clearer. I have a small cheap DVD player that supports everything but when I purchased an expensive good Panasonic home theater system that have a karaoke options and its labeled that it supports xvid,its just playing some of my xvids and says file not supported to others. So what's happening why is it playing some and not supporting some and all are xvid converted from the same software?

Downloads
    Uploads
    It could be a couple of things one the resolution may be too great for this player many DVD player will only play a low resolution movie or the resolutios is odd like 849X 949 some will only play exact ratios that make sence to the player like instead of 749- 750 and instead of 949 it must be 950 etc...another problem that arises sometimes is variable rates on conversion some players need a steady state conversion this can also be in the soundtrack sometimes the sound track uses a variable rate conversion making the movie not playable....I would take a close look at the movies that do play take a look at the ratios used also the soundtrack and try and duplicate the conversion for the ones that don't work to match the ones that do work....