Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

If a pastor prays for someone to die - isn't that the same thing as an act of murder?

basically a pastor is nothing more than judge, jury and executioner - and they have authority over the people who are in their congregation. I have seen several churches where a person was sick, the pastor prayed for the person to die, then they died. As far as I'm concerned the pastor murdered that person. This is not just being paranoid - I have seen it many times. I've seen churches where someone got into a conflict with the pastor, adn then the person who had the argument with the pastor killed himself. I've seen other situatoins like that. But these people don't care about anyone - they are just doing a job. They don't want to be inconvenienced. So they pray for the person to die so that they don't have to deal wtih them.

I've seen a number of churchs where after the person died the pastor said that they were happy that the person is dead ( or with Jesus) - but what is good about a person dying at 36 or 42 - early - premature un-natural deaths. My wife died at the age of 42 - and the pastor told me that he was glad she was dead. This cold blooded heartless wicked son of a bitch didn't even go to the funeral nor did the motherfucker even bother to send a card.. So this guy has no love inside of him at all and didn't even care that she died - he only cared about getting our 10% that we were supposed to give "to GOD" but he put it in his own pocket and lives lavishly off the money that people are required to give.

I've also seen situations where the pastor prayed for a person to be healed and then I saw that person healed as well.

Ill give another example - one time I was in a church and the pastor said that I would meet someone and that would be the person I would marry - that was the day that I met my late wife. We had an instant connection and we were married shortly afterwards.

regardless God takes the issue of authority seriously

perhaps I am somewhat scared of authority figures, but I have been burned so badly by people I have reason for caution. You can call that being paranoid, but for me it is just being cautious.

Admittedly the Derek Prince book Blessings and Curses really has had an impact on me, but albeit somewhat negatively

Christian Counslor DrDeanCrosby's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally I have never heard of a minister praying for someone's death,something that satanic witch doctors do,but there are so many false teachings practiced,it was just a question of time before even this type of sickening demonic practice became established.

True Christian churches pray for divine healing and receive miraculous answers in response.As we travel further into the End Time,chuch practices of satanic abomination will become more prevelant so of course Christians need to exercise extreme caution in their selection of a pastor.
    The Christian faith has not been designed to create success or find pleasure in or even tolerate this world but rather to OVERCOME it!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow. It sounds like you have had some horrible experiences with churches! I don't blame you for feeling "paranoid" wondering what's going on.

The question you ask in your title ("If a pastor prays for someone to die - isn't that the same thing as an act of murder?") is interesting. Nobody knows the ultimate truth to how God acts in the world, no matter who claims to have this authority. We all just do the best we can to make sense of things. So I am just speaking personally, as a Christian, that I do not believe a pastor has any sort of special powers whatsoever. I don't think a pastor can pray someone dead. I don't think a pastor can pray someone healthy! I think prayer is how we communicate with God, and what we are really doing is asking God to open us to God's possibilities... make us ready to be healed, for example, or to find peace and acceptance in a bad situation, etc. I think of it this way: It's not like God isn't all that bright, and has no idea what to do until we tell God to do things. You know what I mean? God is in charge. We can only try to do the right thing, be open to receiving some grace, and realize we are as worthy as anyone to receive love... And if a pastor says otherwise, or claims to have some sort of special access to God that you do not have, beware. Truly.

I hope you don't mind my answer here. I was clicking through and just wanted to write you this note. Hope it helps. Take good care.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A pastor does not have this power. Evil can help someone evil do these things but one like this is not of God. When one dies and is not on the earth they will never know pain or cry again. That is good, but God wants us to live a full and good life knowing Jesus.
    For what you say is not biblical, it is good to know the bible so we can know what is of God and what is not. I will not judge you or him in this, but one who could do this is not of Jesus.
    bless you.

Beware: Jesus warns us.

Matthew 7:15
    Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
    Matthew 7:14-16 (in Context) Matthew 7 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
    Matthew 24:11
    And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Matthew 24:24
    For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Mark 13:22

For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

2 Peter 2:1
    But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

1 John 4:1
    Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.