him/ give him advice.? He is currently in his second year of a 4 year degree programme. A few of his friends left the course at the start of the year and he doesn't seem to be enjoying the course this year. He is recieving grant aid which he will lose if he fails the year and switches course next year.
There was mention of him switching course and going directly into second year of this new course, but he would have to pass this year first. It is a course that he has shown an interest in. He is currently doing well with the athletics team so I would have thought he would be very eager to pass his exams for next year.

Some sensible advice would be much appreciated. I think myself he just needs some advice or a sit down with someone other than a family member to talk to him. I don't think his girlfriend is overly worried with what he does. She seems happy with whatever decision he comes to himself, which is fair enough. But of course I really want to see him progress to get a third level qualification. Thanks.