Newbie dying hair at home with sallys bottled dye first timer!?

Paxton

Dec 27, 2008
Hi everyone! So I am thinking about dying my own hair but im nervous because ive never done it before and ive heard soo many hair horror stories from my friends and I just want to make sure its worth it!

I have very long pin straight hair thats all one length and goes to my butt. Naturally, my hair is a light bunette/golden brown color. I went to the salon in august and got my blonde weave highlights put in all throughout my top layers. The under layers were never touched my dye and remained my natural color.

After months of letting my hair grow out I simply cannot afford to get my hair done by my salon because its very pricey due to how long my hair is. My roots have grown out about 3 to 4 inches now of my natural brown. Now is this situation gonna cause me issues if i try to dye it myself? I am thinking of dying my whole head a medium brunette color. Darker than my natural but not by a lot.

So saying this will the colors be uneven if i try this? Home dying my blonde weave with Sallys dye as well as the natural untouched brown on my low layers and roots? I have fine straight thin hair. Ive never dyed it darker. Total newbie here so any advice would be soo helpful. And if anyone recommends box dye, I am not interested. I heard its horrible on your hair compared to the bottled dyes. THANKS!

Back