Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How to get anyone to enjoy sci-fi/fantasy movies.?

I know that everyone is different, and that some people don't enjoy these types of movies or tv shows. I know someone like this, but i really want them to start watching these things and actually get them into it. I tried to show them Lord of the Rings .They got through the first one, and didn't want to watch the rest. After that I realized that Lord of the Rings might have not been a good idea because of how long and slow it is. Does anyone else have an idea of what i can show this person, and hopefully they will enjoy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If it's a girl you're trying to make a sci-fi fan out of, pick a movie that has a hot guy or a love story woven in, or maybe some comedy. Maybe something like I Am Number Four, Avatar, or Timeline (She'll get a double shot of hot with Paul Walker and Gerard Butler). If it's a guy you're trying to convert, maybe something with a lot of action like Batman Begins, War of the Worlds, or Transformers might be a start, and a hot girl couldn't hurt either. Or just go old school and watch one that everyone loves, like E.T. or Back to the Future.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Doctor Who!! Even though it's a show...

Downloads
    Uploads
    the "Rings" trilogy is WAY to complex and involved to get someone disinterested in these films interested. I don't know your age group, but my suggestion is you have to "wean" people into enjoying these films without overburdening them. That said, I say try something considerably lighter and more fun: "Cocoon" and "Ghost" or possibly "I Am Number Four" or "Battleship" might do the trick. They're much lighter materially than expecting someone with little or no interest to plunge right into the "Rings" trilogy. Jeez, I've been a fantasy and sci-fi freak all my life (I'm 62 next week now) and even I had to watch that trilogy more than once to "get" it! "Cocoon" and "Ghost" have pretty much everything, plus some element of lightness to them (Whoopi Goldberg's character takes care of that in "Ghost"), so you wouldn't be throwing the person into the snake pit, so to speak, and tell them to live through it! 'good luck with this. My real feeling is, either someone's interested practically from birth or never will be, but you can try.