Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How to convince parents to ride sport bike on street?

I'm 15 and about to get my motorcycle permit and iv been riding dirt bikes since I was around 8 or 9 but my mom said no and my dad that even owns and rides a zx6r said he trust me just not other people which I completely agree with, people just don't watch out, but I have rode his zx6r on the back roads with him following me before and did great, I already gathered up some money and bought a 97 fzr 600 to ride but there still iffy on what they want to do, how can I talk to them? Please help I want to ride.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just be persistent my parents were the same way. 2 weeks ago they were hellbent on not letting me get one and a week ago they gave me the money to buy the one I wanted a 2002 Kawasaki Ninja 500r Streetfighter. Just tell them how responsible you are and that you'll be really observant and watch out for everything. Plus you'll have taken the Motorcycle Safety Course,and you already have experience on a dirt bike. Just be patient and don't fight over it be calm and polite and everything will work out. GOOD LUCK!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your dad is an idiot. A public road is NOT the place to teach a 15 year-old kid how to ride a 600cc sports motorcycle. On a race track maybe, but never on the road; even on "back roads" there is traffic and you never know when an animal is going to run out in front of you, or a tractor or plant vehicle could emerge round the next corner.

Teenagers want everything and they want it NOW, but even with some experience riding dirt bikes you are NOT ready to ride full-sized sports bikes, you're not even ready for a 125 on the road. Learn to ride before you start playing with fire; sports bike like the ZX6R are something you progress to over time, you don't just jump straight on them and skip the process of learning.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Read "SO YOU WANNA GET A SPORTBIKE?" article and decide for yourself.
    You have some dirt bike riding experience which is a plus, but it doesn't necessarily mean you are ready for a sportbike such a ZX6R. FZR600 may not too bad.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Forums/82/1/Thread/SO-YOU-WANNA-GET-A-SPORTBIKE-.aspx

Downloads
    Uploads
    If your parents don't want you to ride then just accept it. What if they finally decided to let you ride because you pleaded and begged non stop and then you died in an accident the next day, how would they feel?...

In 2011 a friend of mine who was 16 at the time died on july 4th on his motorcycle because he got hit by a drunk driver. His parents still bring flowers out to his memorial cross thing right where he died every once in a while. His mom was and still is so sad and broken for the rest of her life it makes me sad that young people are willing to risk their lives like that because they want to ride.